Professional Services Contract
16 November 2015 – 31 December 2016
Brief: Business management consultancy and support to establish an integrated assurance approach across the joint venture.
Overview: An unincorporated joint venture which is part of a Client Alliance. It provides design and build services for water and waste water facilities, with an approx. value of £2 Billion.
- Review the joint vent assurance requirements end -to – end from contract through to handover of projects and establish where we are and what is in place;
- Identify a gap analysis from where we need to be to have a robust process within the JV and the current situation;
- 3. Create an implementation plan to address the gap analysis which includes resource requirements and a project plan to achieve a robust end -to -end assurance system.
- Cultural challenges were prevalent as joint venture staff were still firmly aligned with their parent organisations;
- A lack of developed joint venture management systems were also a problem that had to be prioritized and addressed;
- Complex contracts and agreements
The use of stakeholder analysis and MS Project planning tools to coordinate the various aspects and requirements of the brief. Chairing review meetings with regard to the brief that included the Asset Information Management pre-project work. Collaboration and Communication: I developed a communication strategy and plan and the creation of a risk register to enlist and keep on board stakeholders within the JV in addition to the joint venture parent companies. This involved both proactive leadership and diplomacy.